Special Education Online (SEOnline) supports school and early childhood educators who work with children and young people with special education needs
- strategies, tips, and tools relating to a range of different special education needs
- stories and case studies about how schools and ECE centres are doing things
- access to the latest evidence on a range of topics
- guidelines related to supporting children with special education needs
- links to information about Special Education services and support and current Special Education projects.
Inclusive Education, Guides for schools
The website Inclusive Education, Guides for schools provides New Zealand educators with practical strategies, suggestions, and resources to support learners with diverse needs.
The guides on this site are intended for educators who have students who may not be receiving specialist assistance and funding through Ministry of Education services, though the content will be useful when thinking about all students.
If you have a specific issue or information need that you want urgent support with, contact your local Special Education district office.
Other Special Education websites
SEOnline is intended as a knowledge source for educators:
- for information about the Ministry of Education, Special Education and its work, visit the Special Education section on the Education.govt.nz website
- for information specifically produced for parents of children with special education needs go to the Special Education section on the Parents Portal on education.govt.nz