For access to resources go to the Ministry of Education Library page.
Educator tools have been categorised by topic in this section and will include some of the following items:
- strategies, tips and tools relating to a range of different special education needs
- stories and case studies about how schools and ECE centres are doing things
- access to the latest evidence on a range of topics
- guidelines related to supporting children with special education needs
- links to information about Special Education services and support and current Special Education projects.
In this section
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
What is autism spectrum disorder (ASD)? Or go to the ASD in Education website for more information.
Teachers and Teachers' Aides Working Together
Teachers and Teachers’ Aides Working Together is a professional development resource for schools. It has nine modules that teachers and teachers’ aides complete together to strengthen working relationships, improve role clarity, and build knowledge of inclusive practice.
Much More than Words
'Much More than Words' provides information about children’s communication development so you can think about how your child is talking and support them, using their skills and interests.
Junior Oral Language Screening Tool
The Junior Oral Language Screening Tool is a screening tool that has been compiled for teachers who require for more information on children’s oral language.